Golden Sultanas 50g
Sultanas are commonly known as “golden rasins”, which are obtained by drying sweet sultana grapes in the sunlight or a mechanical process of oven drying. Sultanas are a type of raisin which is large, aromatic and sweet in flavor with a thin skin. They are seedless and golden-yellow to reddish-brown in color. Sultanas are most widely used in all over the world to prepare delicious main dishes and dessert recipes. Sultanas are also used in many baked products such as bread, muffins, biscuits and cookies. It has high nourishing qualities. Sultanas are rich in carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. They form a valuable food for health when taken with milk. Sultanas are used as natural sweeteners and eaten as raw or sprinkled over cereals in breakfast and snacks. Sultanas are also used in making nut mixes, fruit muesli, bakery products and desserts. Sultanas are considered to have great medicinal value too.
How to use sultana(Dry Grapes)?
Wash sultana with cold water and soak it for 20 minutes. It can be used as it is or mixed as ingredients in desserts recipes. Heat a pan with little oil and fry the Sultanas for 2 minutes, which gives a crispy flavor that can be used to traditional indian desserts.
Uses of Sultana(Dry Grapes):
• Sultanas are a natural choice for cakes, biscuits and desserts.
• Sultanas are used for the warm rounded flavor in meat, fish and poultry.
• Add Sultana, almonds, Peppers and onions to brown rice to make a tasty side dish.
• Sultana’s sweetness and texture make them a great addition to poultry stuffing
• Sultana can be eaten with other nuts for a high-energy, protein and fiber-packed homemade snack or trail mix.
• The Sultanas with their excess of alkalinity are helpful in maintaining the acid balance of the body.
• The high food value of Sultanas arises chiefly from their Sugar content. They contain eight times more sugar than grapes.
• Sultanas are highly beneficial in the treatment of constipation. They should be soaked in a glassful of drinking water for 8 to 10 hours before consuming.
• Sultanas could also be given to little infants as an extract in water to help regular bowel action.
• Sultanas are beneficial for lungs, brain, throat, bowel and the womb. People who have weak respiratory system can benefit greatly from regular consumption of Sultanas.
Indian dessert recipe: Sultana pudding